We all have our favorite collectible websites – mine, for example, is GarysCars. The wonderful people who create these sites put huge amounts of time and effort into them, so we wanted to figure out a way that hobbyDB could help them in their mission. Enter the PopUp Marketplace – a new way for site owners to get revenue from their creations quickly and easily.
The hobbyDB PopUp Marketplaces are tailored specifically to the site they PopUp on! They only show items relevant to that site’s audience and they have a simple and convenient guest checkout, so there’s no need to register and buyers can just pay with PayPal or credit card. All the site owner has to do is link to the PopUp Marketplace from wherever they want to, and the fees we earn from the marketplace is shared with them.
Sellers can also offer discount coupons to specific PopUp Marketplaces and buyers can buy from as many sellers as they like at any one time. Lots more features are in the pipeline, but in the meantime why not check it out for yourselves. Here are our first two PopUp Marketplaces:
- Hot Wheels Newsletter (only showing Hot Wheels items)
- PopPriceGuilde (only showing products made by Funko)
We’ve launched five so far, with four more coming next week (you find a complete list of them here).
PopUp Marketplace can be built so that they only show:
- Items from one or more brands only
- Items related to one or more characters or movies
- Items of a certain type such as decoys or posters
- Items of a certain type with additional restrictions (say only Model Cars in 1:18 Scale)
If you know a site that should have one of these PopUp Marketplaces please contact us!