Some exciting changes have been going on in the world of collectibles. Two industry players are coming together to provide a super powered marketplace that caters specifically to collectors. A well-established member of this area, scOOmer is primarily known as a place where enthusiasts, hobbyists, and collectors can meet to buy and sell. Meanwhile industry newcomer hobbyDB is trying to document every single collectible ever made. So it’s only natural the two companies would come together to build a new, innovative experience for collectors. What does this mean for collectible buyers and sellers? Powered by the unparalleled data in the hobbyDB catalog, scOOmer will now showcase 6X more inventory for 3X the buying audience.
Both teams worked hard to ensure the change is as seamless as possible for the community. scOOmer will continue to be a standalone site, but will now be managed by a full time, dedicated team of collectors who will be able to offer excellent customer service and innovative marketplace technology. scOOmer will also still retain its classic appearance (with just a little modernization design-wise!) with the only difference being that customers will now check-out using hobbyDB’s secure payment system, helping to streamline the payment process and make it significantly easier to buy multiple items at once. To do all this, the only thing customers will need is a free hobbyDB account, which you can sign-up for here.
One of the other major benefits that comes with scOOmer being powered by hobbyDB is that sellers will also have access to a variety of features on hobbyDB that scOOmer did not have. Such as
- A super easy, streamlined listing process that will automatically list items on both hobbyDB and scOOmer (giving sellers access to 3X the customer base)
- The ability to sell multiple quantities of the same item
- The option to organize your store however you’d like, including setting multi-level categories and featured items within your store
- The option to offer your customers customized coupons and/or discounts
- An email capture, so you have the option to send personalized email updates about sales and new inventory.
- A unique storefront url, so it really is like having your own little piece of the web
Diecast Demon, a prominent scOOmer seller “loves that the buying experience has become even better, and that listing items is now much faster than it’s ever been.”
To try out the new scOOmer experience, visit www.scoomer.com.
About hobbyDB: Based in Boulder, Colorado and powered by collectors worldwide, hobbyDB is building a giant database of every collectible ever made – from diecast cars to action figures, comic books to corkscrews. Try to find your favorite collectibles at www.hobbydb.com.
About scOOmer: Founded by Scott Meyer in 2008, scOOmer is where enthusiasts, hobbyists and collectors meet to buy cool collectibles.