Behind the scenes at hobbyDB, we’ve been working tirelessly on a new and improved way to show off and manage everything related to your collection. Whether it be sharing your wish list with a fellow collector, showcasing your most prized items to your community, or highlighting some items you’re ready to let go of, we think you should have one profile that beautifully captures it all.
We’re excited to say that this is one of the most exciting features that we’ve ever worked on, so without further ado, please find some test mock-ups below.
New features you can explore –
Personalize your entire collection page
(1) Add a personalized header, favicon (the little icon that shows in the tab section), and sharing logo (shown if somebody shares your collection on Social Media
(2) Add intro text, which will lead to a page with more information about you and your collection and will feature a gallery (if you want to show overall images of your collection)
Customize your display
(3) Take advantage of new privacy settings, so you can decide what you want to show the public and what you’d like to keep to yourself, including estimated values
(4) Create your own categories and lists, some which can be dynamically generated (like the Top 10 by Value, My Disney Princesses, etc)
(5) Feature different items on your home page and in general only show what you want to show as you can make duplicates and other items in your collection private)
(6) Flip in between many different profile views including showing your collection, items for trade, items that you’re ready to part with, and your wishlist
Securely buy and Sell straight from your profile to another
Looking to add to your collection? Easily see what other community members are willing to part with on their profiles. If you’re looking to make a little extra cash, offer your items for sale directly from your collection (including items marked for Best Offer, but have no price).
All of your items and these features will be easily customizable in a behind the scenes portal.
You can even buy your own URL and direct it to your collection, here for example www.hrc-monty-collection.com –
Lastly, if you are using hobbyDB on one of our many partner sites, you will be able to manage your collection there as well –
These mockups are just the beginning, so we would love to hear your comments, either here or by contacting us through the green support button on the right of this page. How would you like to show your collection to the world?