Every collectible gets its start somewhere. Almost always that beginning takes the form of a prototype.
You’ll find more than 6,400 prototypes on hobbyDB ranging from Funko and Hot Wheels to Hard Rock Café and lots more. Due to their rarity, if you own one, you could be in luck. We decided to take a look at the most valuable among them.
Remember, estimated values tend to fluctuate, especially as we add more and more items and price points to ensure the guide’s accuracy. Also keep in mind that these are the values for items found solely on hobbyDB. Scroll below for more information on how you can help us build our prototypes database. Follow this link for a current list of the Most Valuable Prototypes on hobbyDB.
Top-10 Most Valuable Prototypes on hobbyDB
10. Master Chief (Funko) ($2,500)
9. Mad Maverick (Hot Wheels Redlines) ($2,500)
8. Great Ape Vegeta (Funko) ($2,750)
7. Spongebob Squarepants (10-inch) (Funko) ($2,750)
6. Madrid FC Parry White Les Paul (Hard Rock Cafe) ($2,750)
5. Madrid FC Parry Red Les Paul (Hard Rock Café) ($2,750)
4. Super Freddy (Funko) ($5,000)
3. Freddy Funko (Leatherface) (Funk0 ($5,500)
2. Custom Camaro (Overchrome) (Hot Wheels Redlines) ($40,000)
1. Custom Mustang (Overchrome) (Hot Wheels Redlines) ($75,000)
Is your prototype fandom beyond prototypical? Bring that passion to the hobbyDB Squad. Our team of volunteers helps to build and maintain the guide by adding items, price points and UPC codes, as well as curating subjects such as prototypes. In exchange, we’ll dress up your hobbyDB Showcase with exclusive badges. Message us at email@example.com and we’ll get you started!
Enter your email address if you like to receive notifications of new posts by email.
hobbyDB is a participant in Amazon, eBay, Entertainment Earth, LEGO, and other affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to other websites.
We also occasionally accept consideration from Brands, Service Providers, or Retailers (which is then clearly marked as Sponsored Content) all editorial opinions are our own.